Ben Bryant wows local business leaders at Leadership Masterclass
At our recent Leadership event – meeting future challenges over 140 business leaders heard from world renowned leadership speaker Ben Bryant on the qualities and skills needed to become a successful leader. He was well received as the audience rated him and his content 9.6 out of 10.
Ben explained how once a leader had isolated and resolved obstacles, they could truly shape an organisation’s strategy, impact its culture and drive it to renewed or continuing success.
Ben, in his challenging talk, explored how a skilful and authentic leader can maximise the potential of a workforce, transform the executive teams and boards they lead, drive through greater business innovation and enhanced business performance - all through strong leadership.
He used examples from his work with many international companies to illustrate the dynamics of leadership within management teams and how it appears a team is actually working can be deceptive. Ben outlined how the causes of disputes can arise from what is not said in meetings as much as what is said.
It is now widely recognised that investing in leadership skills significantly increases a business chances of prospering. An effective and balanced leader will:
- Help a business to develop better relationships with its customers.
- Inspire and motivate the management team and staff.
- Convince investors that the business is going in the right direction.
- Create enthusiasm within an organisation through times of challenge or change.
- Improve the ability to negotiate with all parties.
Invest Northern Ireland support the development of leadership skills in Northern Ireland by holding events and running programmes each year.
It will help participants to:
- Identify the key barriers to growing their business.
- Develop a practical action plan to address key business issues and plan for growth.
- Better understand their leadership style and how to realise their team’s potential.
- Develop logical, clear thinking to make informed decisions.
- Benefit from peer to peer shared learning.
- Access the latest leadership thinking from experts and guest speakers.
Leadership Team Programme
We also run the Leadership Team Programme. This focuses on developing the skills and relationships of the top team in order to achieve business growth. It combines world class executive education modules, with specialist business coaching and shared learning through peer networking.
If your business is an Invest NI customer you can apply to take part on our Leader Programmes. For information on dates and the application process please contact our Business Support Team on 0800 181 4422 or make an online enquiry.
If you’re not currently an Invest NI customer you can access free online assessment Business Diagnostic Tool and find out more about leadership skills on the nibusinessinfo.co.uk website.